SAVE WITH IGNITION SERVICE & SUPPLY, INC
Wait! Before you ditch those old, worn spark plugs, call the team at Ignition Service & Supply, Inc and let us take a look at them. We may be able to recondition your spark plugs and restore them to a nearly brand-new condition. And of course, we can do this at a fraction of the cost of a new spark plug.
Please take a moment to browse the before-and-after photos on our website illustrating the work we are capable of when it comes to spark plug reconditioning. And if you do end up needing new spark plugs, we have you covered there as well! We stock a full line of quality Champion spark plugs. Call us with any questions or to place an order.
RECONDITIONED SPARK PLUG INSTALLATION TIPS
- For best results, install spark plugs to the engine manufacturer's recommended torque. Typical torque values are:
- 7/8" -18 = 70-80 ft. lbs.
- 18mm = 38 ft. lbs.
- 14mm = 25 ft. lbs.
- Reduce torque values by 20% when using anti-seize compound.
- Use BG Mica Lubricant (BG Part No. A718) on the plug threads to prevent thread seizure.
- Use BG Hole Conditioning Tool Part No. 21045 to clean cylinder threads and gasket seat in one operation.
- Avoid touching plug insulator during installation. Hold plug by metal shell part only.
- Use a good quality spark plug boot to maximize plug life.